Notice of 2017 Annual General Meeting
The 44th Annual General Meeting of the Wey & Arun Canal Trust Ltd will take place at
Cranleigh Village Hall, Village Way,
Cranleigh GU6 8AF on Saturday 29th April
2017 at 2.30pm.
The agenda will be as follows:
- Apologies for absence [see note 1 below].
- To confirm the Minutes of the Extraordinary General Meeting held on 23rd April 2016
[see note 2 below].
- To receive the Chairman’s Report.
- To adopt the Accounts and Balance Sheet for the year ended 31 December 2016, together
with the Directors’ and Independent Examiner’s Reports [see note 3 below].
- To appoint the Independent Examiners for 2017 and to authorise the Council of
Management to determine their remuneration.
- Election of Directors
- Margaret Darvill, Tony Ford, Alan
Johnson and John Talbot retire in
accordance with section 42 of the
Trust’s Articles of Association and are
eligible for re-election.
- Candidates nominated in accordance with section 45 of the Trust’s Articles of Association.
[see note 4 below].
- To receive a Report from the Chairman of W&A Enterprises Ltd.
- To transact any other business proper to an Annual General Meeting.
- Date of next meeting.
Tony Tyrrell, Honorary Secretary,
(01483 279767, email@example.com
, 27 Summerlands,
Cranleigh, Surrey GU6 7BP)
- Apologies for absence should be supplied to the Hon. Sec before the start of the
- Copies of the previous Minutes will be available at the meeting; if you would like a copy in
advance, please contact the Hon. Sec.
- Copies of the Report and Accounts will be available at the meeting; if you would like a copy in
advance, please contact the Northern Office.
- The Trust warmly welcomes new candidates for election as Directors. The formal requirements are:
- A paid-up member of the Trust must propose your election in writing (and you must agree
to the proposal).
- The proposal must reach the Hon. Sec at least 14 days before the meeting – that is, by 15th
April 2017 (the Secretary has a proposal form, although you are not obliged to use it).
The Village Hall
is in Village Way, which is just south of the High Street. If you are coming from the Guildford/Elmbridge/Shamley Green direction, Village Way is the turning on the right immediately after you pass the Post Office (which is on the left).
If you are coming from the Ewhurst/Rudgwick direction, Village Way is the turning on the left just after you pass the Health Centre and Library (also on your left).
The Village Hall has no parking of its own but there is a large public car park (Pay & Display) in Village Way, just beyond the Village Hall.
Cranleigh has frequent bus services from Guildford and Horsham.